Why choose BBD’s Bursary & Beyond Programme
The BBD Bursary & Beyond Programme strives to support and grow talented students working towards their degree in an engineering or software related discipline such as, but not limited to, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, BSc, BCom informatics or game design.
The Programme is designed around creating opportunities for our bursars to have access to the financial means necessary to compete their studies alongside hands-on exposure to real-world software development, and full access to our Research and Development team (ATC).
Our ultimate goal is to help you meet inspiring, like-minded individuals, build your network, share knowledge and ease your transition from student to working professional.
At the end of your studies, BBD Bursars join our exciting Graduate Programme where you’ll dive into your career, working on real project teams and quickly upskill within BBD’s unique company culture.CV tips
Every year, our bursars are brought together for a week-long onsite workshop where you are immersed in the BBD culture, meet your fellow bursars and are exposed to life here at BBD.
During this week, you participate in a group project where you use the latest and greatest tech to create fun, practical solutions.
- Enjoy being a part of BBD’s unique company culture
- Week-long mid-year workshop with interesting projects
- Stepping-stone into a career in software development with BBD
- Practical hands-on experience throughout the Programme
- Join BBD Graduate Programme after studies
- Exposure to an array of technologies and tools
- Facetime with dedicated mentors to help guide your career journey
- Support throughout your studies from ATC
- Join a bursary class full of like-minded passionate, talented individuals
Why you want to work with us
- Offices around the world
- Gamified Continuous Learning Programme
- Own annual tech event – Esc@pe
- Onsite tech lab
- Over 950 super clever tech experts
- We attend and sponsor major conferences
- Proudly empower talented female coders
- Founded programme with Umuzi
- Founding partner of WeThinkCode_
- Involved in tech community
- AWS Advanced and Well-Architected Partner
- Microsoft Gold Partner
- Cultural exchanges between office
- Epic internal events and parties
- Endless opportunities to grow
- Easy access to mentoring
- Vibrant company culture
- Exposure to a myriad of technologies