Our Grad Programme sets you up to create a career at BBD that you’re proud of, arming you with all the skills and experience you need to thrive in the IT industry. From Day 1 you’re a full-time, paid BBDer.
Why join BBD
As a leading international software solutions company, innovation is in our DNA. We tap into the skills of our 1 000+ IT professionals to solve real-world problems for everyday people with powerful software that delivers.
We work across numerous sectors, meaning our people have the opportunity to gain experience in technologies and business domains ranging from financial services, to public entities, telecommunication enterprises, and sports betting houses. All this using modern technology and creative solutioning.
But we also know how to let our hair down. Being on the Grad Programme means you’re a BBDer, enjoying market-related salaries, performance-based bonuses, collaborative teams, hybrid working models, epic parties and continuous knowledge sharing (oh, and the coffee and snacks don’t disappoint either!).
Being on BBD’s Grad Programme
The BBD Grad Programme lets you bridge the gap between what you’ve learnt at university and what you need to flourish in the industry. Successfully joining the Grad Programme means you start working on client teams from Day 1 while building your technical knowledge through various Level Ups throughout the year (and beyond!).
You’ll learn first-hand how to break and fix things, all while working hard and having fun alongside your senior mentors and peers. Our graduates tell us they learn more in their first 8 weeks at BBD than they did throughout their university studies.
How to join the Grad Programme
We are looking for passionate and newly qualified grads with a Diploma / Bachelors / Honours / Masters / Doctorate degree in BSc / BEng / BCom / BIT majoring in Computer Science, Computer and Software Engineering, Information Technology or Informatics. Passion for technology is not always wrapped up in a degree and if you have a portfolio of technology work you have completed that you can demonstrate to us you may also be considered. If you have a vision for how software can solve daily problems, make the world around us a better place and have actually tried to do something about it then you’re definitely who we’re looking for.
As a BBD grad, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Be immersed in, and have engaged with, technology / coding over and above your formal education
- Be a newly qualified graduate at a recognised university or hold a certification from a recognised learning programme
- Have a high academic average
- Be passionate about building software and creatively solving issues and bugs
When applying, don’t forget to include:
- Your updated CV
- A copy of your ID
- A copy of your latest transcripts, results, or Matric certificate
- A link to personal code projects on GitHub or similar (if you have)
- Upload CV onto the BBD careers portal
- If the profile meets our criteria, instructions to a software engineering technical challenge will be sent to you. The link is valid for 14 days
- Once completed, the test will be reviewed through a marking process
- If successful, a virtual interview will be set up
- If successful after the interview, an offer will be made
By applying for the BBD Grad Programme, you understand, consent to, and agree that BBD may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/ or SAPS (concerning positions that require trust and honesty and/ or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify your educational qualifications and employment history.
BBD is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, family, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, political affiliation, race, religion or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations or ordinances.