- Migrate system to an AWS cloud environment
- Better facilitate expansion into new markets and geographies
- Increase efficacy of the existing software
- Improve technical reliability
- Increase system scalability
- Increase systems security by leveraging off AWS’ existing security products
- Simple web service interface allows the client to obtain and configure capacity with minimal friction, while providing complete control of computing resources
- Increased ability to secure and resize compute capacity with Amazon’s proven computing environment
- Allows faster distribution of static and dynamic web content to users
- Improved end user confidence in security of the application and data therein
Overview of the solution
When a diverse advisory consulting service provider specialising in capital investment planning, financial appraisals, data analytics and data visualisation needed to assess and optimise their current system and push their service capabilities using the cloud, they turned to BBD.
Since becoming a strategic vendor following an initial IT health assessment, BBD has helped stabilise and build reliability into their tool, while migrating to the cloud using AWS EC2.
BBD’s highly skilled managed services (MServ) team performed an analysis of the client’s data centre hosted system infrastructure configuration and in the process identified areas of over and under utilisation. Based on the outcome of this analysis, BBD then configured and optimised the required system environments in AWS. Following approval of pricing implication of the newly-configured AWS environments, the BBD team proceeded to migrate first the UAT system environment into AWS as a pilot to be used for testing over a period of four weeks. With a successful pilot achieved, the client’s live environment was then also migrated into the AWS cloud. Within two weeks of this migration, the data centre-based system environment was decommissioned.
Impact of BBD’s partnership
When asked about the success of BBD’s migration of their tool, the client stated that “By choosing BBD and AWS, we have been able to upscale our system so we can equip clients in the public sector to make the right choices when it comes to choosing and implementing infrastructure projects. Partnering with a company that has global reach, a range of experts and capacity to respond to rapid scaling demands is reassuring, and future-proofs our growth strategy”.Read more