BBD is an international custom software solutions company that solves real-world problems with innovative solutions and modern technology stacks. With extensive experience across various sectors and a wide array of technologies, BBD’s core services encompass digital enablement, software engineering and solutions support, which includes cloud engineering, data science, product design and managed services.
Over the past 40 years, we have built a reputation for hiring the best talent and collaborating with client teams to deliver exceptional value through software. As the company has grown, this unwavering commitment to quality and continuous innovation has ensured clients get the full benefit from software that meets their unique environment.
BBD’s culture is one that encourages collaboration, innovation and inclusion. Our relaxed yet professional work environment extends into a flat management structure. At BBD, you are not just a number, but a valuable member of the team, working with like-minded, passionate individuals on challenging projects in interesting spaces. We deeply believe in the importance of each individual taking control of their career growth, with the support, encouragement and guidance of the company. We do this for every BBDer, creating the space and opportunity to continue learning, growing and expanding their skillsets. We also proudly support and ensure diverse project teams as varied perspectives will always make for stronger solutions.
With hubs in 7 cities, we have mastered distributed development and support a flexible, hybrid working environment. Our hubs are also a great place to get to know people, share knowledge, and enjoy snacks, great coffee and catered lunches as well as social, sport and cultural gatherings.
Lastly, recognition is deeply ingrained in the BBD culture and we use every appropriate opportunity to show this through our Awards Nominations, shoutouts and of the course the exceptional bonuses that come from exceptional performance.
- Understanding requirements
- Identifying production and non-production application issues
- Contributing to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Writing well-designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensuring designs follow specifications
- Raising concerns with design and identifying areas of improvement in the software delivery process
- Learning from those in your team while sharing your knowledge
- Staying on top of your game by knowing all the latest developments from a coding, methodology and approach perspective
- Preparing and releasing into production
- Supporting continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and presenting these for architectural review
- Back-end service integration typically – REST Web Services: Node.js, Java, .NET, Go and Java EE
- Experience using Jira, Git and testing frameworks
- Ability to read and identify issues in back-end code in languages
- Required tech skills:
- Web frameworks (React, Angular, Vue, Svelte)
- HTML5 and CSS3
- Integrating with REST services
- Package management tools (NPM, Yarn)
- Unit testing frameworks (Jasmine, Jest)
- Mocking frameworks (WireMock)
- Web servers (Nginx, Apache)
- Understanding of application lifecycle, from development to deployment
- Browser debugging
- Advantageous skills:
- A full-stack developer is a plus in this role
- Docker and Kubernetes experience
- AWS experience / certification
- Automation tools (Cypress, Protractor, Selenium)
- SCSS, SASS
- Monorepo tooling (Nx, Lerna)
BBD is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, family, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, political affiliation, race, religion or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations or ordinances.