We’re looking for Java engineers with experience in OO Principles, JSP, JQuery, Maven and RESTful framework
BBD is an international custom software solutions company that solves real-world problems with innovative solutions and modern technology stacks. With extensive experience across various sectors and a wide array of technologies, BBD’s core services encompass digital enablement, software engineering and solutions support, which includes cloud engineering, data science, product design and managed services.
Over the past 40 years, we have built a reputation for hiring the best talent and collaborating with client teams to deliver exceptional value through software. As the company has grown, this unwavering commitment to quality and continuous innovation has ensured clients get the full benefit from software that meets their unique environment.
BBD’s culture is one that encourages collaboration, innovation and inclusion. Our relaxed yet professional work environment extends into a flat management structure. At BBD, you are not just a number, but a valuable member of the team, working with like-minded, passionate individuals on challenging projects in interesting spaces. We deeply believe in the importance of each individual taking control of their career growth, with the support, encouragement and guidance of the company. We do this for every BBDer, creating the space and opportunity to continue learning, growing and expanding their skillsets. We also proudly support and ensure diverse project teams as varied perspectives will always make for stronger solutions.
With hubs in 7 cities, we have mastered distributed development and support a flexible, hybrid working environment. Our hubs are also a great place to get to know people, share knowledge, and enjoy snacks, great coffee and catered lunches as well as social, sport and cultural gatherings.
Lastly, recognition is deeply ingrained in the BBD culture and we use every appropriate opportunity to show this through our Awards Nominations, shoutouts and of the course the exceptional bonuses that come from exceptional performance.
BBD is looking for Java engineers to assist with:
- Conducting software analysis, programming, testing and debugging
- Identifying production and non-production application issues
- Contributing to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensuring designs follow specifications
- Preparing and producing releases of software components
- Supporting continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- BSc degree in a technology-related field preferable
- Proficiency in Java with a minimum of 4 years solid exposure at an academic or professional level
- Must be interested in pursuing a professional career in Java
- Experience in: (relative to seniority)
- OO Principles – polymorphism, inheritance, encapsulation
- Strong Java and OO development knowledge
- CSS and HTML
- JDBC – creating relational databases, queries and updates
- JUnit / Unit Testing Framework
- EJB or Spring Framework
- JPA / Hibernate
- RESTful Framework
- Maven / ANT
- HTML5 basics
BBD is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, family, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, political affiliation, race, religion or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations or ordinances.