For a leading mobile operator in the African telecommunications sector, BBD assisted in the implementation and roll-out of a content management system (CMS) across all of the client’s websites. The system ensures compliance with the client’s pre-defined UI / UX standards for consistency across all channels, while enabling non-technical stakeholders to maintain web content thereby reducing the dependency on technical resources.
- Implement a CMS that can be rolled out across all websites, based on cloud native architecture that makes use of reusable components and templates
- Introduce modernisation capabilities within the web landscape to retain and grow the client’s customer base and maximise revenue
- Allow non-technical people the capability to maintain web content within the bounds of defined UI / UX standards
- Serve relevant content to customers visiting the websites
- Improve time to market through the reuse of components and templates across the organisation
- Create seamless integration with eCommerce and analytics systems used within the client’s ecosystem
- Consolidation of UI / UX across the organisation
- Enhanced cost savings by removing maintenance costs of a bespoke CMS, as well as through the reduced need for software engineers to make changes to the site
- Operational efficiency with reduced risk of defect through a strong CI/CD pipeline that enables visibility across all project teams and changes being made to the site
- Empowering non-technical staff to maintain web content, therefore freeing up technical resources for redeployment to critical projects
Overview of the solution
Through the deployment of a globally maximising CMS software, BBD has successfully implemented a solution
based on the Acquia Cloud architecture that ensures consistency across all of the client’s web touchpoints, while
maximising cost savings and operational efficiency. The solution makes use of Acquia Cloud’s managed service
which manages hosting, scalability, elasticity and ensures the security of the platform.
Key to this solution was usability for staff with varying degrees of technical skill to reduce dependency on
software engineers. The solution empowers non-technical staff with the ability to maintain web content in a
low-risk fashion that factors in the client’s compliance requirements. By building prerequisite templates and
components within the CMS, content publishers inherently adhere to pre-defined UI / UX standards, while also
factoring in other client requirements including analytics, SEO and monitoring while ensuring stability and that the
client’s performance KPIs are met.
Impact of BBD’s partnership
Following the successful implementation of the CMS, users with varying degrees of technical skill can now update
and edit different website channels with no risk of contravening the set UI / UX standards. BBD was able to ensure
that our client could fully cater for a proper multi-site setup and CI/CD pipeline that allows for visibility across
multiple teams working on the same source base, indicating what changes are happening on the site, therefore
further reducing the risk of defects.
Remarking on the project and successful partnership, the client added that “Not only did BBD manage to achieve
the scope with efficient costing and timing, but they also assisted with fixing additional defects. Their contribution
and recommendations to fix inherent issues in the overall project that would have caused major operational issues
in the future, were incredibly valuable”.