BBD updates

Longstanding black-owned investor Sphere Holdings ups stake

Longstanding black-owned investor Sphere Holdings ups stake

BBD and Sphere Holdings (Sphere) are today delighted to announce Sphere’s acquisition of an additional 14.2% of BBD, a 32 year old R500 million a year custom software developer. The cash deal sees Sphere’s ownership stake rise to 49.9% which, together with 1.1% held by Student Sponsorship Programme (SSP), a respected education charity, makes BBD 51% black-owned.

Employing over 550 software developers, we are South Africa’s oldest and largest independent custom software development company, servicing the financial services, telecommunications and allied industries, and the public sector.

BBD’s founders and management retain 49% ownership and will continue in their current management roles providing continuity of leadership, technical skills, client relationships and strategic execution.

If you’d like to engage with us, we’d love to hear from you