Return to Work Programme – Testing
BBD is running a Return to Work Programme or short learnership for IT professionals who have had a break in their career or are wanting to shift their focus to software testing
BBD is an international software solutions company that solves real-world problems with innovative ideas and modern technology stacks. Our experience spans the education, financial services, gaming, insurance, telecoms and public sectors. We maintain our track record by using our vast business domain knowledge and world-class skills to successfully deliver digital solutions into client organisations.
Our relaxed yet professional work environment extends to our flat management structure. Being a part of BBD means working on dynamic project teams while pursuing your own career growth through our Continuous Learning Programme.
More about the Programme
BBD is running a Return to Work Programme or short learnership for IT professionals who have had a break in their career or are wanting to shift their focus to software testing. Our programme offers a unique opportunity to kickstart your career and land a possible contract/permanent position with BBD!
Each programme runs for 1 month, with intakes each quarter. In this time we’ll help you learn about new technologies and tools currently used in the industry for a range of testing approaches.
What you’ll learn
- An array of testing types – manual, automation, performance, mobile and more
- Associated tools and technologies
- Assigned mentor from BBD’s testing team for weekly review and query meetings
- Opportunity to join BBD’s various project teams
- Month-long programme
- Consists of online learning material including video tutorials and documents
- Assignments after each module to cement knowledge
- Shortlisting process after successful completion of various modules
- Upskilling in software development lifecycle
- Continuous mentoring
- Participation in group activities and feedback sessions
- Mock interviews to boost confidence and prepare participants for client interviews
Who should apply?
- All applicants must have a minimum of 2 years’ prior IT experience with any technical degree
- Any engineer or IT professional who has taken a break from the industry of no more than 2 years (due to marriage, relocation, medical, maternity or other reason) and now wishes to return to the industry
- Any engineer or IT professional wishing to make the move away from development and get into testing
- Any other IT professional of any profile who has a good grasp of the software development lifecycle
Need to know
- After you’ve successfully completed all evaluations, you will be interviewed for a possible 6-month contractual position at BBD, with the chance of renewal or to be made permanent subject to performance
- If you don’t complete the entire learning course and assignments, you will be not eligible for further assessment by BBD
- All participants must be able to commit to 4 to 5 hours of study time every day
BBD is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, family, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, political affiliation, race, religion or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations or ordinances.