DevOps cloud engineer
BBD is looking for DevOps cloud engineers to work alongside a software engineering team managing software releases
BBD is an international software firm that solves real-world problems with innovative solutions and modern technology stacks. Our experience spans the education, financial services, gaming, insurance, telecoms and public sectors. We maintain our track record by using our vast business domain knowledge and world-class skills to successfully deliver digital solutions for clients.
The complex problems we solve are balanced out by our flexible working culture and flat management structure. Being a part of BBD means working on dynamic project teams, while pursuing your own career growth through our Continuous Learning Programme.
BBD is looking for DevOps cloud engineers to work alongside a team of IT professionals in the delivery of software solutions to various clients, including:
- Focussing mainly on delivering and maintaining production-grade systems which adhere to DevOps and SRE practices
- Making use of good interpersonal skills and passion for improving the software delivery lifecycle through the implementation of DevOps principles
- Working in an Agile team and interacting closely to guide and assist engineering teams as they deliver business functionality
- Designing, implementing, and optimising the entire software release process.
- Mentoring and advising junior cloud engineers as they grow in the field
- 3+ years of experience as a cloud engineer in a DevOps capacity
- 2+ years of experience as a software engineer with experience in Java, .NET, or Python (experience in other languages may still be considered)
- 4+ years of experience in public cloud (AWS / Azure / GCP)
- 4+ years of experience with containerisation and container platforms
- An understanding of distributed systems, service architectures, cloud native systems, the problems they attempt to solve as well as the related trade-offs to contribute to feature and service design
- A strong understanding of all components in a full-stack solution (front-end, back-end, and storage) as well as how they typically interact
- Familiar with monitoring and observability tooling and practices
- Knowledge of configuration management tools and Infrastructure as Code tooling (Terraform / CDK / Pulumi) and practices will be beneficial
- Experience in Release Engineering, CI/CD tooling and practices
- Experience in serverless architectures and tools
- Proven experience assisting development teams to deliver rapidly and reliably
- Development background preferred although operations background will be considered
Expert knowledge of:
- Build tooling such as Maven, NPM, Go builds, Make, and Scripting
- Software testing practices such as unit, integration, end-to-end, and their implementation
- CI/CD tooling (Jenkins, GitHub actions, GitLab pipelines, Bitbucket pipelines, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, and ArgoCD)
- Release management practices and common release processes (Blue / Green, Canary, etc.)
- Git and various branching models
- Serverless architectures and tooling (AWS Lambda / FaaS/ Serverless/ SAM)
- CNCF tools experience such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Public cloud providers (AWS / Azure / GCP), certification preferable
BBD is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, family, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, political affiliation, race, religion or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations or ordinances.