BBD is looking for a platform engineer with solid experience building platforms with IaC and Kubernetes in the public cloud
BBD is an international software solutions company that solves real-world problems with innovative solutions and modern technology stacks. Our experience spans the education, financial services, gaming, insurance, telecoms and public sectors. We maintain our track record by using our vast business domain knowledge and world-class skills to successfully deliver digital solutions for clients.
The complex problems we solve are balanced out by our flexible working culture and flat management structure. Being a part of BBD means working on dynamic project teams, while pursuing your own career growth through our Continuous Learning Programme.
BBD is looking for platform engineer with solid experience working with Kubernetes and containerised workloads, CI/CD tools and in building and supporting apps running on AWS. This includes:
- Leveraging expert knowledge across a broad variety of topics
- Ability to pick up unfamiliar tasks and learn as they go
- Working in teams following an Agile approach and interact closely to guide and assist engineering teams as they deliver business functionality
- Building complex platforms, and then making these platforms simple for engineering teams to consume through platform-level abstractions
- Mentoring and advising junior platform engineers as they grow in the field
- 3+ years of experience in a platform engineering capacity
- 4+ years of experience in public cloud (AWS / Azure / GCP)
- 4+ years of experience with containerisation and container platforms
- Experience with Kubernetes GitOps practices, and using tools such as ArgoCD / Flux and Helm / Kustomize
- Experience with the implementation of monitoring and observability solutions (logging, metrics, and distributed tracing) using tools such as Loki, CloudWatch, Prometheus, Grafana, and Xray
- Familiar with DevOps practices and CI/CD tools (AWS DevOps Tools, Jenkins, GitHub actions, etc.)
- Proven experience building complex, production-grade platforms and making these available for self-service consumption by engineering teams
Expert knowledge of:
- Infrastructure as Code tooling (Terraform / CDK / Pulumi / Crossplane) and practices
- Container orchestration principles and Kubernetes, CKA certification preferable
- Public cloud providers (AWS / Azure / GCP) and best practices (Well Architected Frameworks), certification preferable
- Distributed systems, service architectures, cloud native systems, the problems they attempt to solve as well as the related trade-offs to contribute to feature and service design
- Building of platform APIs, automation, system-level tooling and/ or internal developer platforms
BBD is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, family, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, political affiliation, race, religion or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations or ordinances.