Senior Serverless Platform Engineer
BBD is looking for a senior platform engineer with solid experience building serverless platforms using IaC in the public cloud
BBD is an international software firm that solves real-world problems with innovative solutions and modern technology stacks. Our experience spans the education, financial services, gaming, insurance, telecoms and public sectors. We maintain our track record by using our vast business domain knowledge and world-class skills to successfully deliver digital solutions into client organisations.
Our relaxed yet professional work environment extends to our flat management structure. Being a part of BBD means working on dynamic project teams, while pursuing your own career growth through our Continuous Learning Programme.
BBD is looking for a senior serverless platform engineer with solid experience using serverless patterns and frameworks, with specific focus on AWS.
This role requires expert knowledge across a broad variety of topics, which means that candidates should be fast learners who are able to deal with picking up unfamiliar tasks and learning as they go. Teams tend to follow an Agile approach and close interaction will be required to guide and assist engineering teams as they deliver business functionality. It will be the senior platform engineers’ responsibility to build complex serverless platforms, ensuring they are production ready. Since this is a senior position, another important aspect will be mentoring and advising junior platform engineers as they grow in the field.
- 3+ years of experience in a platform engineering capacity
- 4+ years of experience in Public Cloud (AWS / Azure / GCP)
- 4+ years of experience with serverless patterns and frameworks
- Experience with serverless tooling, such as SAM and Serverless
- Experience with the implementation of monitoring and observability solutions in serverless environments (logging, metrics, and distributed tracing) using tools like CloudWatch (logs and metrics), Grafana, and Xray
- Familiar with DevOps practises and CI/CD Tools (AWS DevOps Tools, Jenkins, Github actions, etc.)
- Proven experience building complex, production-grade platforms
Expert knowledge of:
- Infrastructure as Code tooling (Terraform / CloudFormation / CDK / Pulumi) and practices
- Management of serverless environments – configuration and monitoring of many functions using higher level abstractions (such as AWS Step Functions) and optimisations (such as layers)
- Public cloud providers (AWS / Azure / GCP) and best practices (Well Architected Frameworks), certification preferable
- Distributed systems, service architectures, cloud native systems, the problems they attempt to solve as well as best practices when implementing these architectures in a serverless fashion
- Typical full-stack environments (front-end, API layer, data storage layer)
BBD is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, family, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, political affiliation, race, religion or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations or ordinances.