BBD is an international software firm that solves real-world problems with innovative solutions and modern technology stacks. Our experience spans the education, financial services, gaming, insurance, telecoms and public sectors. We maintain our track record by using our vast business domain knowledge and world-class skills to successfully deliver digital solutions into client organisations.
Our relaxed yet professional work environment extends to our flat management structure. Being a part of BBD means working on dynamic project teams, while pursuing your own career growth through our Continuous Learning Programme.
BBD is looking for a Platform / Cloud Engineer with solid experience working with Kubernetes and containerised workloads, CI/CD tools and in building a supporting apps running on AWS.
Candidates must have a good understanding of the following services and/ or concepts:
· AWS (EKS, VPC, S3, RDS, IAM, Fargate, Lambda, CloudFront) and Well Architected Frameworks
· Observability and Monitoring (Xray, CloudWatch, Open Tracing, Grafana)
· Kubernetes (EKS) experience
· DevOps Practises and CI/CD Tools (AWS DevOps Tools, Jenkins)
· Cloud Native Toolsets (Helm, Kustomize)
· Linux experience
· Distributed systems and architectures
· CI/CD with Jenkins pipelines as code or similar (Github Actions, Azure DevOps)
· Kubernetes Administration (Ingress, networking, RBAC)
· Enhancing monitoring and observability (SLO, SLI, SLA) and alerting
· Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) user (Terraform, CloudFormation, Crossplane)
· Release management and oversite
· SRE practises such as incident response, automation, reliability and monitoring
· AWS Associate level certification or substantial years of experience
· Preferred Kubernetes Application Developer certification or substantial years of experience
· Be familiar with Kubernetes Administrative tasks
· Experience with IaC tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation or CDKS
· Experience with Kubernetes GitOps practises and using tools such as ArgoCD /Flux or Helm/Kustomize
· Experience monitoring with Prometheus, Grafana, CloudWatch
· Building of platform APIs, automation, tooling and/ or internal developer platforms