Junior Serverless Platform Engineer
BBD is looking for a junior platform engineer with serverless experience to assist in delivering production-ready platforms in the public cloud
BBD is an international software firm that solves real-world problems with innovative solutions and modern technology stacks. Our experience spans the education, financial services, gaming, insurance, telecoms and public sectors. We maintain our track record by using our vast business domain knowledge and world-class skills to successfully deliver digital solutions into client organisations.
Our relaxed yet professional work environment extends to our flat management structure. Being a part of BBD means working on dynamic project teams, while pursuing your own career growth through our Continuous Learning Programme.
BBD is looking for a junior serverless platform engineer to assist in delivering and maintaining complex serverless environments, with specific focus on AWS.
This role requires knowledge across a broad variety of topics, which means that candidates should be fast learners who are willing to learn as they go. Teams tend to follow an Agile approach and close interaction will be required to guide and assist engineering teams as they deliver business functionality. The junior platform engineer’s responsibility is to assist the team in implementing and maintaining highly available and resilient serverless architectures. Expert platform engineers will be responsible for mentoring the chosen candidate, helping them to grow in the space.
- Experience in a platform engineering capacity is highly desirable
- Experience in Public Cloud (AWS / Azure / GCP)
- Fundamental knowledge of serverless patterns and frameworks
- Basic experience with serverless tooling, such as SAM and Serverless
- Understanding of monitoring and observability solutions, such as CloudWatch
- Familiar with DevOps principles and CI/CD Tools (AWS DevOps Tools, Jenkins, GitHub actions, etc.)
- A willingness to learn on the job and upskill in a variety of areas
- Out-of-the-box thinking to solve infrastructure and operational problems
BBD is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, family, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, political affiliation, race, religion or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations or ordinances.