Intermediate AWS SysOps Engineer
BBD is looking for an intermediate AWS SysOps Engineer to work with other talented engineers in a Cloud Managed Services team to help drive the design, implementation, support and administration of cloud services and infrastructure.
BBD is an international software solutions company that solves real-world problems with innovative services and modern technology stacks. Our experience spans the education, financial services, gaming, insurance, telecoms and public sectors. We maintain our track record by using our vast business domain knowledge and world-class skills to successfully deliver digital solutions for clients.
The complex problems we solve are balanced out by our flexible working culture and flat management structure. Being a part of BBD means working on dynamic project teams while pursuing career growth through our Continuous Learning Programme.
As a SysOps engineer in the Cloud Managed Services team, you are required to facilitate the risk-free continuation of services in a multi-client and multi-user environment. Your role will be centralised around cloud infrastructures and your focus will be on designing, planning, implementing, supporting and administering the systems and services that run on the infrastructure and platforms your team manages.
As a professional, you must be passionate about AWS, the cloud and continuous learning. Your role as a SysOps engineer will require you to:
- Migrate workloads from on-premise environments to the AWS Cloud using AWS migration tools
- Deploy infrastructure using Terraform (IAC)
- Monitor and perform remediation tasks on AWS cloud environments, including backups, patching, performance and security
- From time-to-time own and execute AWS projects requiring you to interface directly with clients
- Work together with different teams to resolve queries logged by clients in support of their AWS Cloud environments
As a junior SysOps engineer, you need up to 3 years of experience in some, if not all, of the following:
You will gain on-the-job experience working together with a team of AWS solution architects and network specialists. However, as an intermediate SysOps engineer, you need to have at least 2 years of experience working on AWS infrastructure, with a specific focus on AWS Infrastructure provisioning such as:
- AWS Networking (VPCs, Security Groups, NACLs),
- Infrastructure (EC2s),
- Autoscaling and Load Balancing
- Monitoring (Cloudwatch)
- Backups (AWSBackup)
- Storage (EBS, Glacier)
In addition, you need at least 5 years of experience in some, if not all, of the following:
- Hyper-V management
- VMware management
- Backup management (Windows and Linux data backups, database backups)
- Operating Systems patching (Windows and Linux)
- Basic Database experience – backups and restores (MS SQL, Postgres, MySQL)
- Active Directory management
- Administering Linux and Windows operating systems
- Basic bash scripting
- General networking experience
As scripting forms part of building and deploying cloud services and infrastructure, your Terraform skills will be very advantageous.
Staying up to date with technology is important and we continue to ensure that you have all the opportunities to achieve your learning goals, however, we would give preference to candidates that have certifications in one or all of the following:
- AWS Certified Solution Architect Associate or AWS SysOps Administrator Associate (Beneficial)
- Linux Certification
BBD is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, family, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, political affiliation, race, religion or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations or ordinances.