The BBD year-long Graduate Programme lets you bridge the gap between what you’ve learnt at university and what you need to flourish in the IT industry
BBD is an international software firm that solves real-world problems with innovative solutions and modern technology stacks. Our experience spans the education, financial services, gaming, insurance, telecoms and public sectors. We maintain our track record by using our vast business domain knowledge and world-class skills to successfully deliver digital solutions into client organisations.
Our relaxed yet professional work environment extends to our flat management structure. Being a part of BBD means working on dynamic project teams, learning on the job alongside the best senior software engineers while pursuing your own career growth through our Continuous Learning Programme.
The BBD Graduate Programme lets you bridge the gap between what you’ve learnt at university and what you need to flourish in the IT industry. As a BBD grad you’ll gain real project experience from the very first week and build your technical knowledge through exposure to a wide range of technologies and methodologies. You’ll learn first-hand how to break and fix things, all the while working hard and having fun alongside your senior mentors and your graduate class. Our graduates tell us they learn more in their first 8 weeks at BBD than they did throughout their university studies so the pace is as fast as you can handle.
What we’re looking for in our grads
We are looking for passionate and newly qualified grads with a Diploma / Bachelors / Honours / Masters / Doctorate degree in BSc / BEng / BCom / BIT majoring in Computer Science, Computer and Software Engineering, Information Technology or Informatics. Passion for technology is not always wrapped up in a degree and if you have a portfolio of technology work you have completed that you can demonstrate to us you may also be considered. If you have a vision for how software can solve daily problems, make the world around us a better place and have actually tried to do something about it then you’re definitely who we are looking for.
As a BBD grad, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Be immersed in, and have engaged with, technology / coding over and above your formal education
- Be a newly qualified graduate at a recognised university
- Have a high academic average
- Be passionate about building software and creatively solving issues and bugs
When applying, don’t forget to include:
- Your updated CV
- A copy of your ID
- A copy of your latest transcripts, Matric certificate, or latest results
- A link to personal code projects on GitHub or similar (if you have)
- Upload CV onto BBD portal
- If the profile meets our criteria, instructions to a software engineer technical challenge will be sent to the candidate which is valid for 14 days
- Once completed, the test will be reviewed and go through a marking process
- If successful, a virtual interview will be set up
- If successful after the interview, an offer will be made
By applying for this position, you understand, consent to, and agree that BBD may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/ or SAPS (concerning positions that require trust and honesty and/ or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify your educational qualifications and employment history.
BBD is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, family, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, political affiliation, race, religion or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations or ordinances.