DevOps / SRE engineer
CLOSING DATE 30-Sep-2020
BBD is an international software firm that solves real-world problems with innovative solutions and modern technology stacks. Our experience spans the education, financial services, gaming, government, insurance and telecoms sectors. We maintain our track record by using our vast business domain knowledge and world-class skills to successfully deliver digital solutions into client organisations.
Our relaxed yet professional work environment extends to our flat management structure. Being a part of BBD means working on dynamic project teams, while pursuing your own career growth through our Continuous Learning Programme.
BBD is looking for DevOps / SRE engineers to assist in the delivery of software solutions to various clients.
- 3+ years of experience as a DevOps or site reliability engineer
- An understanding of distributed systems, service architectures, cloud native systems, the problems they attempt to solve as well as the related trade-offs to contribute to feature and service design
- Familiar with build tools including Maven, npm, Go build, Make, Scripting
- Public cloud experience (AWS / Azure / GCP) certification preferable
- Local Infrastructure experience (Virtualisation, *UI systems)
- Container experience
- CNCF tools experience such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Proven experience with production systems and dealing with production issues
- Out of the box thinking to solve infrastructure and operational problems
- Expert knowledge of:
- Configuration management tools and Infrastructure-as-Code tooling and practices
- Domain-specific languages (Chef, Ansible, Salt, Puppet, Cloud Formation, Terraform, CDK)
- Continuous integration tooling (Bamboo, Jenkins, TeamCity, GoCD, Travis, CircleCI)
- Continuous delivery tools and patterns (Gitops, Blue/Green, Progressive Delivery)
- Systems monitoring, alerting and analytics (NewRelic, Graphite, ELK, EFK, Nagios, Ganglia, Grafana, Prometheus etc.)
- Git and various branching models