UX / UI Designer
BBD is an international software firm that solves real-world problems with innovative solutions and modern technology stacks. Our experience spans the education, financial services, gaming, insurance, telecoms and public sectors. We maintain our track record by using our vast business domain knowledge and world-class skills to successfully deliver digital solutions into client organisations.
Our relaxed yet professional work environment extends to our flat management structure. Being a part of BBD means working in dynamic project teams, while pursuing your own career growth through our Continuous Learning Programme.
If you are passionate about creating sustainable and impactful solutions and designing user-centric experiences, we would love to hear from you.
This role requires user experience design methodologies so as to craft beautiful visual user interfaces. You will work directly with software engineers to implement designs in an Agile and collaborative team environment.
Candidates should display an understanding of user-centered design as well as of the role business plays in design. You should be able to creatively interpret client objectives into innovative user experiences that are easy to navigate and which drive behaviour.
· UX and UI design
· Creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and sitemaps that effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
· Building presentations, crafting documentation, and delivering asset kits to development teams and other stakeholders
· Working closely with clients and presenting work and ideas to them
· Conducting user testing and research
· UX / UI designer
· 3-year degree / diploma in one or more of these disciplines: Interaction Design, Information Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Information Systems / Informatics, Human-Computer Interaction, Multimedia or other related fields
· Must be fluent in UX software such as Sketch, Adobe UX or Figma
· Proficient in mobile and web UX
· Attention to detail
· Team player with a teachable attitude
· Be able to:
o Execute user-centered design, interaction design
o Incorporate market analysis, customer feedback, site metrics and usability findings into design
o Adopt user research techniques and execute disciplines such as usability testing and contextual inquiries
o Execute user interface and visual design and create wireframes and prototyping of user interfaces using tools such as Figma, Sketch, Axure, Adobe Creative Suite, Zeplin, etc.
• Required software proficiencies:
o Figma, Sketch or Adobe XD
o Adobe Illustrator
o Adobe Photoshop
o Microsoft Office
Your application should include a CV with references (including contact details) and a strong digital portfolio showcasing UX research and prototypes for functional web and mobile applications.
Other qualifying skills (your skill level will be determined by considering the below in addition):
· Number of years’ experience working with corporate clients
· Extensive demonstrated expertise in visual, interface and interaction design with an ability to lead projects
· Advanced level understanding of user-centered design and a clear understanding of the role business plays in design
· Experience and advanced abilities in collaborating with the team to define and implement innovative solutions for product direction, visuals and user experience
· Experience in UX strategy
· Channel strategy
· Performance tracking and improvement
· Conceptualisation and execution of new business proposals, presentations and general marketing documents
· Leadership and mentoring skills and experience
· Experience in the financial services industry
· Experience in information architecture
o Adobe Dreamweaver
o Adobe InDesign
o Adobe Premiere
o Adobe After Effects
o Copywriting skills
o Certified Usability Analyst or similar certification