Business development consultant
BBD is an international software firm that solves real-world problems with innovative solutions and modern technology stacks. Our experience spans the education, financial services, gaming, insurance, public and telecoms sectors. We maintain our track record by using our vast business domain knowledge and world-class skills to successfully deliver digital solutions into client organisations.
Our relaxed yet professional work environment extends to our flat management structure. Being a part of BBD means working in dynamic project teams, while pursuing your own career growth through our Continuous Learning Programme.
If you are a self-starter who is passionate about building and maintaining sophisticated business relationships, we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for an experienced business development consultant to join our team. The role requires someone who is skilled at building and maintaining business relationships, has an entrepreneur mindset, good listening skills and an innate ability to discover new leads. Your success in this role will be measured by your contribution to external revenue as well as on the introduction of new leads. For this role, you need to be able to continuously exceed client expectations.
Your core responsibilities include
· Introduce and grow relationships with prospects and customers
· Define business development plan and sales strategies
· Execute sales strategies to ensure profitable growth – focussing on prospecting work to secure new accounts
· Can be positioned as a business partner of the client’s organisation
· Assume full end-to-end global accountability for the client account
· Be accountable for all dimensions of an account from sales to operational excellence in service and project delivery
· Implement the account plan, growth strategy and ambition for your clients
· Be accountable for client’s stakeholder relationship management
· Contribute to the development of new products through the identification of client needs
· Understanding of tendering process within the public sector
· Clients include large broker organisations, professional services partners and other direct clients
· Degree in Economics, Applied Economics, Business or equivalent experience
· Good knowledge of IT industries, especially cloud technologies
· 3 – 5 years of business development or client management experience
· Knowledge / experience of the fintech market
· As a self-starter, can work independently
· Ability to forward think and improve processes where possible
· Demonstratable track record in selling complex solutions
· Familiar with sales business administration and contracting principles
· Excellent negotiation, presentation and interpersonal skills
· Proficient in Dutch and English