Back-end Java engineer
CLOSING DATE 30-Sep-2020
BBD is an international software firm that solves real-world problems with innovative solutions and modern technology stacks. Our experience spans the education, financial services, gaming, government, insurance and telecoms sectors. We maintain our track record by using our vast business domain knowledge and world-class skills to successfully deliver digital solutions into client organisations.
Our relaxed yet professional work environment extends to our flat management structure. Being a part of BBD means working on dynamic project teams, while pursuing your own career growth through our Continuous Learning Programme.
BBD is looking for Java specialists to assist with the back-end implementation of various client projects.
- 5+ years of experience as a Java engineer
- An understanding of distributed systems and microservice architectures, the problems they solve and the related trade-offs to contribute to feature and service design
- Experience in design, data structures and algorithms, and analytics and debugging
- Working knowledge of performance testing and profiling
- Agile practices
- Expert knowledge of:
- Spring Framework (Boot, Cloud, Security, etc.) / Quarks / MicroProfile / Dropwizard
- Security considerations such as OWASP top 10
- Enterprise integration patterns
- Application design patterns
- Database design and implementation
- Dependency and build tooling (Maven / Gradle)
- Git and CI/CD concepts
- Software testing
- Static code analysis and code quality
- Linux / UNIX Environments